Get Help

How to get help

If you need help from our foodbank there are a few simple steps to follow.

The most important step is to get a foodbank voucher.

In order to provide the most appropriate help for the circumstances of your situation we work with local agencies. This is to ensure that you are provided with long term support if needed to help address some of the issues behind the reasons for your crisis.  They will be able to discuss and relevant support and provide you with a foodbank voucher which you can exchange for a 3-day foodbank parcel.

Agencies we work with include; Citizens Advice Bureau, Housing Support Officers, Children and Family centres, health visitors, social services, Adur & Worthing Council, Home-Start Arun, Worthing and Adur Council and other local charities.

1. Visit or call a referral agency.

They will discuss your situation and supply you with a foodbank voucher where appropriate.

If you are in financial crisis and live in England or Wales, please call 0808 278 7969 for free (open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm) to talk confidentially with a trained Citizens Advice adviser. They can help address your crises and provide support to maximise your income, help you navigate the benefits system, and identify any additional grants you could be entitled to. If needed, they’ll issue you with a voucher so you can get an emergency food parcel from your local food bank.

2. Get in touch with us.

If needed, you can call or email our Foodbank we can talk through your situation and put you in touch with a relevant agency.

3. Bring  your foodbank voucher to your nearest foodbank centre. 

As of Monday 29th March we will be running a walk-in service, where clients can bring their red voucher or voucher number and exchange it for a ‘grab bag’ food parcel.

You can find the details of our centre and opening times here.

If you have any further questions our FAQ’s page may help, or feel free to give us a call.


Back to Get Help